SWBC has been recognized as one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas and has an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join an energetic and seasoned team, with an established and expanding national firm.
Headquartered in San Antonio, SWBC is a diversified financial services company providing a wide range of insurance, mortgage, and investment services to financial institutions, businesses, and individuals. With offices across the country, SWBC is committed to providing quality products, outstanding service, and customized solutions in all 50 states.SUMMARY
Works with the industry's latest technologies and methodologies. Supports, enhances, and develops new functionality of customer-facing web applications. Builds tools to eliminate repetitive tasks. Automates processes to improve efficiency. Maintains existing systems and fixes defects, as necessary. Responds to issues as they arise and partners with the Systems Assurance Group to improve monitoring. Participates in operational support and on-call rotation. Participates in self-organizing teams working to a common goal.ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Automates data loading and synchronization processes.
- Builds tools to eliminate repetitive tasks.
- Prepares wireframes and mock-ups for proposed designs.
- Provides technical leadership to the team, ensuring that all delivered solutions and architecture adhere to industry best-practices for scalability, maintainability, usability, availability, extensibility, security, and portability.
- Guides and mentors developers on the team.
- Encourages and educates the team on best practices, such as Test Driven Development (TDD), pair programming etc.
- Responds to issues as they arise and partner with Systems Assurance Group to improve monitoring
- Participates in operational support and on-call rotation.
- Participates in self-organizing teams working to a common goal.
- Works with multi-disciplinary AGILE teams, Scrum and Kanban, in a team oriented environment.
- Works as an essential part of a highly motivated business team.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or four-year university.
- Requires more than five (5) years of extensive software development experience, including architectural design, use of SOLID principles, development, and design patterns, as well as experience in a continuous integration (CI) environment with build, release, and deployment.
- Development experience with Node.js preferred.
- Experience with DynamoDB and/or other NoSQL databases and core services implementing public- and hybrid cloud solutions preferred.
- Experience in automation of code deployment across multiple cloud providers, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, VMWare and OpenStack preferred.
- Must have proficient Microsoft Office skills, including Word and Excel.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have exposure to external data storage systems, such as files shares, databases, flat files, etc.
- Must be familiar with team development tools and source control, including Visual Studio, TFS, CVS, JIRA, GIT, etc.
- Must be familiar with and working toward improving working knowledge of OOP, SOLID, and design patterns.
- Must be familiar with the principles of SDLC and separation of duties.
- Must be able to write and assess performance of basic SQL queries.
- Must be able to remain up-to-date on the latest development methods and technologies to producing high-quality software.
- Must be able to work as an essential part of a highly motivated business team.
- Must be able to use basic office equipment, including copy machine, personal computer, and fax.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time performing sedentary activities.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, and kneel for long periods of time.
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift up to 20 lbs. of files, supplies, documents, or other related items.
SWBC is a Substance-Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug testing.
Please note, SWBC does not hire tobacco users.
SWBC offers an excellent employee benefits package that includes: 401(k) with company match, medical/dental, Life, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Long Term Care insurance policies. SWBC also provides opportunities for professional growth. To learn more about SWBC, visit our website at www.SWBC.com
. If interested, please click the appropriate apply button. Only those candidates who meet the minimum requirements need apply.
Associated topics: .net, algorithm, application, backend, c c++, c++, devops, matlab, software engineer, software programmer