Teach fun, safe, and effective private, semi-private, and group swimming lessons to learners of all ages and skill levels.
* Deliver the ultimate fitness experience to every member, every time * Create an educational, safe, and inviting experience for all participants * Maintain a clean and safe environment by enforcing pool and club policies
* Greet all members, guests, and visitors as they enter pool area * Offer swim instruction appropriate to each learner's goals and skill level * Address all questions or comments from members and guests, making referrals as needed * Promote and sell club products and services * Complete all necessary paperwork * Attend all required meetings and trainings * Understand and follow employee standards of conduct and ethics * Understand and uphold club building, facilities, service, program, and emergency procedures * Complete all in-house staff training as assigned * Assume other duties as assigned * Work early mornings, evenings, and weekends as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills * Excellent listening skills * Ability to motivate and nurture others * Strong work ethic that includes punctuality, organization, and attention to detail * Ability to maintain a friendly, enthusiastic, and positive attitude * Outwardly facing professional appearance * Confidence and desire to create new relationships quickly * Ability to quickly acquire and apply new knowledge and skills * Willingness to work flexible hours * Demonstrated swimming and swim-instruction skills * Demonstrated knowledge of first-aid practices and techniques
Required Experience, Education & Certifications:
* High school diploma or GED * One year experience teaching or working with children preferred * Swim instruction or coaching experience preferred * Water Safety Instructor, Lifeguard, and Certified Pool Operator license preferred * CPR/AED certification required
Physical Activities, Requirements, Visual Acuity & Working Conditions:
Physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
* Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles. * Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees. * Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine. * Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet. * Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. * Particularly for sustained periods of time. * Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another. * Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward. * Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion. * Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles. * Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm. * Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. * Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound. * Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. * Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work. * The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned (i.e., custodial, food services, general laborer, etc.) or to make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e., security guard, inspection, etc.). * The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside. * The worker is subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity. * The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level. * The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
All US Fitness team members receive:
* Complimentary Membership and Guest Privileges * Discounts on Personal Training, Mind&Body, Aquatics, and Kids Programs * Discounts on Serenity Day Spa Services and all apparel * Employee Referral Bonus * In-house Continuing Education Credits and CEC Reimbursement
Additional Full Time Benefits:
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Benefits and Group Life Insurance Benefits * 401(k) Retirement Plan * Paid Time Off
US FITNESS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
US Fitness is an equal opportunity employer and conducts all hiring and employment practices strictly in accordance with applicable employment discrimination laws and regulations. Discrimination in employment on the basis of any classification protected under federal, state, or local law is a violation of our policy and is illegal. The Company does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), pregnancy, protected veteran status, status as a uniformed service member under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (\"uniformed service member status\"), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other categories defined by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the LAW
Reasonable Accommodations:If you have an inquiry about an application or have a physical and/or mental disability and need special accommodations applying for a job using our online application system, please call 703-###-#### or email ...@usfitnessgroup.com.
Relocation:Candidates outside of the specified area are welcome to apply but if selected for an interview, they must be willing to travel at own cost. Relocation assistance is not offered.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.