National Lutheran is doing something fantastic! We are creating an amazing, genuine, and caring culture. Would you like to be a part of our We CARE team? We value our team members and strive to ensure they experience the same genuine CARE that we provide to our customers. Our team members embody the word CARE in every way-from serving seniors and families to interactions with one another.
What's in it for you:
* A We CARE culture of creating smiles, attending to details, respecting everyone, and embodying excellence * Frequent conversations with your coach/manager * Competitive compensation * Tuition Reimbursement (up to $4,000 a year) * Incentive pay
Our full time team members enjoy:
* Generous PTO plan * Medical, dental, vision insurance * 403(b) with discretionary employer match * Free use of exercise equipment and aquatics
If you are looking for a rewarding career in more ways than one, join us in setting the new standard for service with We CARE!
We have Day and Evening Shift positions available!
In accordance with National Lutheran's We Care philosophy, the Guiding Principle Core Values, and in alignment with the NLCS culture, the Environmental Service Aide is responsible and accountable for the following:
* Reporting to the Environmental Services Supervisor the Environmental Service Aide performs complex and routine housekeeping work, cleaning assigned areas within an NLCS facility, according to established Environmental Services policies and procedures. * Participates in the providing high-level environmental services at all times. Works closely with Environmental Services Team to ensure the highest level of operational services to resident, visitors and NLCS employees * Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of facility to include: dining rooms, restrooms, shower rooms, stairwells, elevators, storage areas, water foundations, quite rooms, resident rooms, working equipment, office areas and other facility areas as required * Cleans and maintains resident rooms and/or office thoroughly by mopping floors, washing furniture and furnishings, dusting, frames and cleaning bathroom fixtures and walls * Terminal-cleans resident rooms and prepare for new residents * Assists in cleaning emergency spills observed or upon request * Assists in the maintenance of resident equipment and furniture. Cleans wheelchairs and Geri chairs using high-pressure washers * Collects, packs and disposes of trash according to established procedures * Supports operations according to established standards and procedures; taking into account any special requirements * Moves facility property, resident belongings and office furnishings/equipment as assigned. Changes curtains, draperies and cubicle partitions as assigned * Reports observed repairs needed to supervisors including broken or cracked window panes, leaky faucets, toilets, loose tiles, broken blinds and damaged furniture * Performs other duties as assigned
* High school graduate or equivalent education is preferred. One year of experience in environmental services at a hospital or healthcare facility is preferred * Knowledge of and proficiency in the practices and procedures of environmental services required * Ability to operate equipment common with environmental service; must be familiar with the use of detergents, germicides, strippers and other cleaning/chemical supplies. Able to troubleshoot equipment malfunctions * Ability to read, write and follow direct written and oral instructions * Possess basic math skills * Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks with frequent interruptions * Ability to communicate at all levels, provide instruction and train other employees as required * Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.